How to quit smoking cigarettes?
- Be optimistic about your solution. Avoid the negative thoughts that quitting is difficult, because it can put you under stress before you start.
- List the reasons that all affect your decision to become a non-smoker. When you write a list of all the reasons (health, financial, etc..) you will have an idea what you will get if you get rid of this vice.
- Choose a strong reason why you want to quit. Often the facts that smoking is harmful to health is not enough to keep you away from cigarettes. You need to have powerful personal reason. Perhaps it will be your desire to protect your loved ones from the effects of passive smoking, fear of lung cancer or the desire for a better look at your face and teeth. Please select the reason that you will be strong enough to kill your desire for one more cigarette.
- Start with changes in lifestyle. Practice more exercise, drink more fluids, do not smoke in your home or car. It is a good start, which will bring you on track.
- Select a date. It has to be the best date which is important to you and do not change. It may be your birthday, a holiday or something. So it will be easier to track how much time you smoke and you have one more occasion to celebrate the day.
- Coated with a friend or partner with you to cancel the scheduled date. It will give you more reason to stand the word, and can additionally motivate to prove that you have strong character.
- Tell your loved ones that are giving up smoking. It is important to get the necessary support before and especially after the cancellation.