What is Zinc and Zinc deficiency symptoms
Population groups at risk of zinc deficiency?
- Strict vegetarians. Food of animal origin is the best source of zinc. Fruits almost do not contain this mineral. Therefore, this group is particularly at risk of zinc deficiency.
- People who eat food that contains a lot of fiber. Cereal grains such as cereals is binding to zinc and thereby prevents its absorption by the body.
- Pregnant women and lactating women. This group need additional quantities zinc, because part of zinc is transferred to their babies.
- People over 50 years of age. The body’s ability to absorb zinc declines with age increasing.
- Alcoholics. Regular consumption of even small amounts of alcohol leads to reduction in the level of zinc in the body.