8 tips to improve digestion
- Chew, chew, chew. We’ve all heard that the food should be chewed completely, but few of us actually practice it. Digestion begins in your mouth. Food should very good to chew with your teeth.
- Bite smaller morsels. When people are fed quickly and bite large morsels, along with food and swallowed air leads to blowing the stomach and possibly to pressure and pain.
- Eat more fiber through fruits. Fiber helps food easier and faster to pass through the digestive system and prevent constipation. You should not eat fruits together with other types of food. When you eat separately, it even faster to digest in the stomach. Prefer apples, pears, bananas, prunes and apricots, strawberries, blueberries, papaya and watermelon.
- Drink lots of water. Forget cola and if you feel thirst drink a glass of water. Drinking enough water should be your priority not only for digestion, but also to maintain overall health and energy levels.
- Season with ginger. Ginger is recommended in case of problems like stomach cramps, pain, gas, and is believed to improve digestion.
- Mint, chamomile, basil. Tea of mint, basil and chamomile to soothe the stomach, remove pain and spasms and contribute to reducing emissions and improving the process of digestion. Some experts recommend chewing mint leaves and use fresh basil in food.
- Take care of hygiene. Always wash hands with soap and hot water after visiting the toilet, before you sit down to eat or before you start cooking. This will prevent the spread of dangerous bacteria in your food.
- Adjust the stress and sleep at least 7 hours a day. It is really hard to eliminate stress, but everyone should try to manage. Find several activities that calm you and observe the daily. Remember the good dream which is proven to be associated with good health.